- Finish 2009's list
- Blog once a week!
Ok, so let's see how well I did with the 2009 list, considering I pretty much did NOTHING to the house in the last few months.
Living Room/Dining Room
5. Attach quarter round
8. Rug to help anchor the space
10. Paint interior of entryway closets (Um... one down, one to go)
11. Finish painting exterior of built-in
12. Prime and paint interior of built-in (and start using it to store things!)
* Wish list: flat panel TV (come February!),
1. Replace GFI outlets with matching ones that I bought a year ago
3. Attach baseboards and quarter round
4. Replace ugly fluorescent light above sink to something more modern
5. Hook up the garbage disposal that was installed nearly 18 months ago
Laundry Room/Mud Room
1. Prepare walls for painting (sanding area where cabinets were removed)
2. Paint ceiling
3. Paint walls (same color as living room)
4. Install tile Halfway there!
5. Organize space for shoes, coats, hats, etc.
6. Paint doors and baseboards
1. Replace all outdated electric outlets and light switch
4. Install shelves (already purchased) What the heck was I even talking about here??
5. Paint doors and baseboards
6. Prime and paint interior of closet
* Wish list: Bed for guests (Hmm, guess I'd have to move the litter box then!)
3rd Bedroom (a.k.a. Man Room)
1. Decor for walls
2. Paint baseboards and doors
3. Give 75% of stored items in closet to Goodwill
4. Paint interior of closet
1. Finish flooring in linen closet
3. Plant ground cover on side of house Changed this to hosta and halfway done!
5. Clear overgrown weeds from back fence LOLOLOLOL No longer on the list. It was just groundcover but I'll PAY to have someone do this.
8. Scrape and paint all trim
9. Replace both water spickets One down, one to go!
Whew! I got a lot done but I feel like I failed because there's still so much to do. (I know I'm just too hard on myself!) But the house improvements are never ending anyway, right?? :) I hope everyone had a great holiday and you'll be hearing from me soon!