Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ahem! (tap tap) Is this thing on?

I'm back from my hiatus. I know it's been a while. I wasn't in the house-renovation mood for a while. Then I found some more interesting things to take care of...

Introducing Linus and Lucy:



The night we adopted them, we had no intentions of bringing home a cat, much less two! We only went to get information on the adoption process. But Matt and I came across these two 6 month old kittens and couldn't say no. The two littermates were found in a local warehouse. They were starving and underweight. The foster mom, Rose, was at the shelter so it was great that we had the chance to ask a lot of questions about their personalities and needs.

I completed the adoption paperwork that asked the standard questions like:

1. How long will you give the adjustment process? (Duh! As long as it takes!)
2. Do you have any current pets?
3. If not, what happened to them?
4. Can we contact your vet for references?

I just answered very vaguely that I had a cat that was recently put to sleep. I didn't mention Fatty by name. The vet was xx Animal Hospital. The foster mom was reviewing the paperwork and looked up to ask, "Was Fatty yours?" I just looked at her bewildered, wondering how she knew. She said she works at that vet and knew about Fatty. I knew then that these two kittens were meant to be.



However, I really do have some house updates. Whoohoo! I finally got a paint color picked out for the master bedroom. (And painted!) I bought some new bedding and spray painted a bunch of decor. I was really happy I was able to reuse some of the previous decor. Initially, I didn't think the plum and lavender would work with the new furniture.

So here is a taste of what's to come:



I need to clean the bedroom of cat toys and clutter before taking more pictures. Then I'll give a full before/after update. I'm so excited. This room has done a complete turn-around, if you'll remember:



Scary stuff!!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

They are precious! Ms. Leah, are these cuties bengals too?

Our kitten is just a few months older, and I absolutely LOVE this stage. They're so rambunctous and fun.

Sarah said...

How cute are they! I love the names.

Your bedroom looks great, too...I'm normally not a big fan of purple but I'm really digging it with the gray!!

Freckles Chick said...

Welcome back, M! We missed you =)

Oooh, can't wait to see more of your bedroom! Looks fabulous. And your new furry kiddos are adorable!

leah @maritalbless said...

Lol Mer, I must say that marbeling has me intrigued! :)

I'm so glad that you were able to open your heart and home, they seem absolutely precious!